Friday, October 22, 2010

100 days of prayer for Sudan ~ continued

October 22

Join Jim Vanderhoof from Sudan - with a challenge to utilize the gifts God has given you to build the Kingdom of God.

"And if something has to be done that seems quite impossible, the same certainty holds good. Over and over again I have seen the Lord do “impossible” things. I think He delights in the impossible, and He delights to meet the faith of one who looks up to Him and says, “Lord, Thou know I cannot, but I believe You can.” Amy Carmichael



October 23

As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. (Joshua 1:5)


October 24

Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others? Martin Luther King, Jr.



October 25

"He himself is our peace, who has. . . . destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility" (Ephesians 2:14). That barrier is between God and all humankind.


October 26

"Bad things happen in the dark."

Check out BBC news interview with George Clooney


October 27

". . . The darkness is passing away, and the true light is shining." I John 2:8


October 28

This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

October 29

Join Carol Spears from Lui Hospital in praying for resources needed to provide compassionate health care for the hurting people of Sudan.


October 30

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19


October 31

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty t the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19


November 1

"The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him even to His ears." Psalm 18:5-6


November 2

"The most important question in the world is, Why is the child crying?" Alice Walker


November 3

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Isaiah 6:8


November 4

"Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has forgiven you in Christ." Ephesians 4:30

No comments:

Post a Comment