Saturday, March 10, 2012

WANTED!



If you've been blessed with skills in maintenance, building, mechanics, hostessing, or in a health related field and you feel God leading you out of your comfort zone to serve Him . . . this just might be the opportunity for you!

World Gospel Mission's Mango Ministries in conjunction with Partners in Compassionate Care is looking for a couple to serve at Memorial Christian Hospital for up to six months at a go.  This is NOT an adventure for the faint hearted.  If you are adaptable, innovative, love people, love God more, are excited about learning new cultures and feel God calling you to live on the edge while helping build the new nation of South Sudan ~ email me!

After reading my last blog where I mentioned needing help with logistics a friend felt convicted that God wants him to volunteer with Mango Ministries.  Making the leap to living and ministering in Africa isn't easy, but I have found that God always meets my needs.  Here's what my friend shared as he begins his journey to South Sudan.

"So after we talked on skype I am incredibly excited and feel God is leading. But I was worried because I had just signed for a lease on an apartment and didn't know how much it would cost to break it. That night when I got home from work my land lord called and said she had bad news for me. They are going to tear down that apartment in June so I don't have to move in if I don't want to because I would have to move out. That was an incredible sign I believe that God gave me. That was my only obligation and he broke it and saved my money to serve."

How cool is that?!  Please pray for my friend Tim as he applies to join our team and help with logistics.

Also pray for the right staff to assist at Memorial Christian Hospital in Werkok.  Does God WANT you to join our team too?  We have other opportunities for doctors and nurses too!  Contact me if you're interested.

I will be taking a surgical team from Tenwek Hospital to Werkok from March 26th to April 3rd.  I will appreciate your prayers for the security situation to remain calm and for lots of opportunities for our team to glorify God through successful surgeries as well as sharing with the community and resident staff.

Do you have a God-story after answering God's WANTED call in your life?
I'd love to hear it.

joy


No comments:

Post a Comment